

WELL WELL WELL. So it's still possible to get snow here! Wow! How beautiful those big fluffy flakes were! It sounds so corny but it was so beautiful today. That is, after we got the big truck out of our front yard...(see photo).
Thank the Lord that it was so early or otherwise the kids might have been building a snowman in the front yard. He missed the mailbox, the vehicles, the house, the rock wall, and any people! So he just has to pay for the sod :)
Dan was headed to Orlando around 6 a.m. (annual meeting for work - the big rewards ceremony which he actually looks forward to), and of course missed that flight. Rescheduled for 1:45 p.m...and after much debate he decided to call a cab so he didn't have to leave his car at the airport. Well it should have been some kind of indication it wasn't a good idea when the cab couldn't make it to the DRIVEWAY!!! So Dan treks to the cab STILL IN THE STREET and for some reason I think well, I'll just video this...
The cab gets to North Hills at the end of our street and the cab starts sliding and spinning (I watch as a state trooper goes out of his way to go around them...grrrrrrr). Then Dan gets out and gets his luggage, and treks back up the street (it's uphill) in his black dress leather jacket with his two giant pieces of luggage. It was really really funny! So when I'm no longer trapped in the house and can get out and get my USB cord from my office I'll upload the video so you too can enjoy the funniness. Sooooo....he obviously missed the 1:45 flight. Now he's rescheduled for the 6 p.m. flight, which he misses also! WE here in prison - er, I mean, the house, are thrilled Dad's missed his flight. The people really hate it when Dad's gone, and I do too. Everyone's out of sorts, doesn't sleep well, doesn't get along, complains about why "they (his company) can't come to him..." among other things, and sometimes there is crying and gnashing of teeth upon his departure. That's funnnnnn. And of course, one or more of the people always sleep with me. Which I do actually like...unless it's all of the people. Even then a king bed can be crowded. But there is a certain security that comes with snuggling with one of my sweet little ones when Dad's gone. It comforts us all. That being said, everyone sleeps better, goes to sleep easier, and even sleeps later when Dad gets back. All is right in our world again.
The people had a great snow day if only because there was no school. Jack spent most of the day with his buddies next door in the snow sledding or playing legos. I spent the day cooking everything I could - after I sent Dan with Cole to Kroger early this morning. I sometimes cook a lot when bored...or stressed.
I tried some new recipes. And I'd love to cook them all again for you...I think they are hits. First it was "Deviled Chex Mix." It has just about every conceivable spice in it, and sugar, cheezits, nuts, and of course chex. It is quite yummy. The neighbors agreed!! Then it was "Cream Cheese Lasagna." Oh. My. Goodness. HOW YUMMY IS THAT. People, it has cream cheese in it. PLUS, about two pounds of cheese. I cooked about three pounds of ground beef and italian sausage with onions in my dutch oven (quite the handy piece of equipment. I really intend to use it more often). Then I put in sauce, blah blah blah - insert secret ingredient here. No, seriously, it's just layers and layers of yumminess like manna from Heaven!! Sooo. After I regained consciousness, I made "Chocolate Lava Cupcakes." Just a brownie mix poured in cupcake liners with a Hershey's kiss in the middle. HellOOOOOO sweet heavenly bliss. Neighbors also liked these.
THEN it was "Chocolate Rum Pecan Pound Cake." Another good recipe from my Hershey's Cookbook. How convenient is it that I happened to have some rum in my cabinets from our trip to Grand Caymans last year!! Well. It's quite yummy too. With a nice chocolate ganache-like frosting poured on top. Have yet to deliver this next door. I have tired of donning my arctic ski gear for the trek next door. But never fear, dear people, you too can experience THIS particular yumminess some time soon. I would not mind at all repeating this recipe.
Again, I'll happily upload images of today's fun when I can get my USB cord. For now you can enjoy the truck in the front yard.
Oh, and enjoy the other photo of Cole. That's what he does on a snow day...get into Mom's nail polish and paint his nails. Yikes.
Dear Betty Crocker,
ReplyDeleteDo you think wine can complement all of those delicious yummy-fied dishes? :D
Cole painted my nails once. He did it better than Katie, but don't tell her I said that. He may have a future in cosmetics! Dan will be as proud of that as he was when Jack took to my red high heels!