Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Beauty School




So...we had some snow days recently as previously alluded to in older posts. I was - stupidly - lounging around and getting in some really good "R & R" time, not paying attention to what the kids were doing. Cole and Katie come upstairs and stand in front of me - and this should have been my first signal of the problems to come!! - and PROUDLY do you hear me PROUDLY announce "We cut our hair!"

Oh. My. Word.

It takes me a minute to see the sort-of mullet that has emerged on Katie's head. Yes, she looked like a little mullet-ish...sadly...

I remained calm, and asked them how? Why? Where?????? They said, like it was common sense, we got the scissors from the kitchen and did it in the playroom. !!!!!!!!!! And I was in the den watching tv but was too stupid to see or hear them getting scissors! WHAT THE HECK WAS I DOING! So I go downstairs to the playroom and look around the room. There are these huge - like 6 inches long - chunks of her beautiful blonde hair hidden in different places all over the room! ARGGGGHHHHHHH!!! They're behind a toychest, behind another toychest, in the corner of the closet. They were quite the little co-conspirators on this one. Of course I kept some of them. And then I had to take her to real stylists to attempt to fix it. I took her to mine at Joel's here in Little Rock (read: expensive), and poor Lynn did her best. God bless her. Lynn kept looking at it, picking up her hair, saying, "oh my." Since Katie and Cole put bangs all around her head, Lynn did the best she could without chopping it all off. Yes, I know, it could be worse. You just don't understand until you felt the big chunks on the floor! And I had just made myself take her for her first real haircut anyway - that was hard enough! Then she lets Edward Scissorhands butcher it!!!

Speaking of...Cole put on my makeup and get this - did a pretty good job with the eyeliner and mascara. Notice he really took his creative license a little too far with the eye shadow and put it all over his face!





2 comments:

  1. Cole looks like a sad little drag queen, or actor off of some midget Halloween musical. Still, so cute!

    I love Katie's new hair cut! And I love that they were so pleased with themselves and you didn't go hysterical and try to break their creative licenses. Though, probably should hide the scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny!! I think I'd rather him be in the midget Halloween musical if I had my druthers (sp?)!!

    ReplyDelete