Cole really has a way with words. Usually he says the words that most plainly express what he thinks should be said. This morning, when asked what time it was, he responded, "Seven, one, dot dot, nine." (It was 9:17 ... he read it backwards). On a very regular basis - meaning more than once a day - Cole tells me I am beautiful. The boy has just about mastered his technique to where he knows when it is most advantageous to him to say it, and yet he still offers me this compliment at other times when he's not in trouble. The best times are when I've just woken up, and look like I've been run over by a truck (and sometimes even feel like it, too). He throws his arms around me, and gets right in my face and whispers, "Momma, you're beautiful." As if that wasn't enough to melt my heart, he sometimes adds, "Momma, Momma, (two mommas to get my attention) you're beautiful all the time." If I don't properly acknowledge his compliment, make eye contact, and thank him, I get reprimanded and then told I am beautiful all over again!
A couple of days ago, I was reminding him that we'd be moving a week from tomorrow. He asked what day tomorrow was. I replied it would be Monday. He said, "Point to it." What?? "Point to it, Momma." Uh... "Cole, you can't point to Monday." It's a DAY. " Not sure he was satisfied, since he just stared at me, but he let it go.
Still on the moving topic, Dan and I have talked to the kids about the professional sports team in the Philly area that we'll have the opportunity to go see. We told them about the Phillies, and the stadium is really nice, a few miles from where we'll be, etc. We brought them leather baseball bracelets back from our house-hunting trip a couple weeks ago. Apparently Cole took this to heart. He was spreading a little rumor around daycare that he was "going to Philadelphia to play for the Phillies." I have no doubt he could.
No comments:
Post a Comment