Thursday, July 8, 2010

Really?

So Katie and I were in Wal-Mart tonight...en route to the "food" sections, from the "cosmetics" section (where Her Majesty picked out some - and this is actually the name - Girlie Nails after much deliberation). We passed by the underwear/bra/pajama section. Katie lightly touched several of the bras, and said,

"These are too small for you, Momma."

Really, Katie? I asked.

"Uh-huh. Look, Momma (picking up one say, oh, I don't know, LARGE ENOUGH TO HOLD A COUPLE OF HOPE WATERMELONS!!!... but I digress Sorry <sarcasm here>)"

I dunno, Katie, whatever....

Really now. Is that how she sees me?!? This sad event quickly prompted me, unfortunately, to remember another sad little even just a few months ago in my bathroom. I was about to get in the shower, and Katie had to lean against the bathroom counter to keep from falling down laughing as she said (while pointing with one hand and holding her tummy with the other), "Those are funny, Momma!"

It didn't quash any of the fun for her when I told her hers would look just like 'em someday. She probably didn't hear it...still laughing...

That morning I had a particularly hot shower so as to steam up the clear shower door P.D.Q.

I have to think God was laughing at that moment too. Does he give us these moments just to keep us humble?

No comments:

Post a Comment