Friday, September 10, 2010

Who says Northerners don't have manners?!?

So last night after his bath, I was helping Cole get dressed. He put on his underwear. He put on his pajama pants. I started to help him put on his pajama top, when he said, "No, no, no, Mama, I don't want to wear a shirt."

In the last week, the weather has dipped down into the high 60's during the night, and with a breeze, it's quite chilly in the mornings and
even in the evenings. We are so accustomed to 90 and even 100 degree heat at this time of year, with high humidity to boot, that this weather seems like winter to us! In fact, I really only packed our summer clothes, reserving the long sleeves and jackets to be packed and brought up later. Neighbors have already begun warning me about winter, and how much fun it will be to tunnel our way through the snow to our cars. Sure, they shovel the sidewalks, but you are on your own to dig out your vehicles. At any rate, it's begun getting cooler much sooner than we are accustomed to, and it's been a pleasant surprise.

So this particular evening, I knew it would be cooler t
han usual, and thought Cole would get a little cool. So I just said, one time, "Cole, I think you'll get cold if you don't wear a shirt." And without missing a beat, he blinked very slowly, and replied quite plainly:

"I accept your offer."


I just lost it. I could hardly help him get his shirt on because I was laughing so hard. To make it even funnier, he followed it up in ab
out 30 seconds with, "As you wish."

What??!? Someone has been watching "The Princess Bride."

Here's a picture of him in his pajamas...including the shirt he accepted my offer to wear. Just about the time I think I may have to put him on the steps of the local firehouse with a note pinned to his shirt, he pulls a stunt like this and melts my heart all over again.


1 comment:

  1. I am almost ROLLING on the FLOOR LOL-ing over Cole's "I accept your offer" and "As you wish!!!!" Seriously? WHERE did he pick that up? I am certain his delivery was priceless!

    I keep using ALL CAPS because I'm still hee-hawing to the point of needing a bathroom break over this! I can't wait to read this to Mom & Dad!

    ReplyDelete